Health disparities and health equity
View publications, including policy briefs, working papers, and journal articles, on Health disparities and health equity:
View one-page summary Recaps of key findings from the Rural Health Research Centers on Health disparities and health equity:
- Rural Communities: Age, Income, and Health Status
While studies discuss the implications of income or age on health-seeking behavior, health status, access, or utilization of care, it is imperative to recognize what this means for older and lower-income rural communities. This Recap identifies rural disparities in age, health status, and income.
- Rural Ethnic/Racial Disparities: Adverse Health Outcomes
Rural minority group populations often experience dual disparities in health. This recap summarizes adverse health outcomes across these populations including premature death, age-adjusted mortality, disability status, and obesity rates.
- Rural Ethnic/Racial Disparities: Social and Systemic Inequities
This resource examines social and systemic inequities that influence disparities in health among minority group populations. Rural non-white populations experience both residence-based and racial/ethnicity-based health disparities.
Access information on upcoming or archived webinars on Health disparities and health equity.
- Geographic Variation in Health Insurance Marketplaces: Rural and Urban Trends in Enrollment, Firm Participation, Premiums, and Cost Sharing in 2016
Projects on this Topic
Learn more about the research questions guiding each study, the lead researcher for each, and when the Research Center anticipates releasing completed product(s) under each project.
- Currently, there are 20 research projects underway to explore this issue.
- In the past, 56 research projects have been completed on Health disparities and health equity.