View publications, including policy briefs, working papers, and journal articles, on Minority health:
View one-page summary Recaps of key findings from the Rural Health Research Centers on Minority health:
- Rural Ethnic/Racial Disparities: Adverse Health Outcomes
Rural minority group populations often experience dual disparities in health. This recap summarizes adverse health outcomes across these populations including premature death, age-adjusted mortality, disability status, and obesity rates.
- Rural Ethnic/Racial Disparities: Social and Systemic Inequities
This resource examines social and systemic inequities that influence disparities in health among minority group populations. Rural non-white populations experience both residence-based and racial/ethnicity-based health disparities.
Access information on upcoming or archived webinars on Minority health.
- Have Healthy People 2020 Benchmarks for Leading Causes of Death Been Met in Rural and Urban Areas?
Projects on this Topic
Learn more about the research questions guiding each study, the lead researcher for each, and when the Research Center anticipates releasing completed product(s) under each project.
- Currently, there are 13 research projects underway to explore this issue.
- In the past, 45 research projects have been completed on Minority health.