Have Healthy People 2020 Benchmarks for Leading Causes of Death Been Met in Rural and Urban Areas?
Time: 9:00 am Pacific, 10:00 am Mountain, 11:00 am Central, 12:00 pm Eastern
Duration: approximately minutes
Analyzing progress toward targets set by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services in the Healthy People 2020 program for the leading causes of death is important. It is unclear whether progress is consistent when considering urban versus rural residence, race and ethnicity, gender, and census region. The purpose of this webinar is to report findings from our analysis of death rates for seven major causes of death (coronary heart disease, cancer, diabetes, stroke, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, unintentional injury, and suicide) in light of Healthy People 2020 benchmarks. Presenters for this webinar include Alva O. Ferdinand, Tim Callaghan, Marvellous Akinlotan, and Kristin Primm all representing the Southwest Rural Health Research Center.
- Link: https://hrsa.connectsolutions.com/gateway_webinar/
- Dial-in Number: 888.324.9428
- Participant Passcode: 3585654
The webinar is free, no registration is required, but participation is limited to the first 200 to log-on that day. If the webinar reaches capacity, you will be able to access the recording, archived on the Gateway website.
Additional Resources of Interest
- Assessing Diabetes and Factors Associated with Foregoing Medical Care among Persons with Diabetes: Disparities Facing American Indian/Alaska Native, Black, Hispanic, Low Income, and Southern Adults in the U.S. (2011-2015)
- The Burden of Diabetes in Rural America
- Cancer Mortality in Rural America: 1999-2016
- Changing Landscape of Diabetes Mortality in the United States Across Region and Rurality, 1999-2016
- Diabetes and Forgone Medical Care due to Cost in the U.S. (2011-2015): Individual-level and Place-based Disparities
- Diabetes Mortality in Rural America: 1999-2015
- Diabetes-Related Hospital Mortality in Rural America: A Significant Cause for Concern
- Diabetes-Related Hospital Mortality in the U.S.: A Pooled Cross-Sectional Study of the National Inpatient Sample
- How Well are We Doing Meeting Healthy People 2020 Mortality Objectives at Midterm? Rural v. Urban Differences
Rural Health Research Gateway