Mental and behavioral health
View publications, including policy briefs, working papers, and journal articles, on Mental and behavioral health:
View one-page summary Recaps of key findings from the Rural Health Research Centers on Mental and behavioral health:
- Opioid Use and Treatment Availability
This resource examines opioid use in rural communities, as well as the perceived need for and utilization of treatment for opioid use disorder, based on a summary of the Rural Health Research Centers' most recent research.
- Rural Behavioral Health
Rural behavioral health issues are compounded by a lack of access to care, workforce shortages, reimbursement issues, and high rates of uninsured or under-insurance. This resource provides a summary of the Rural Health Research Centers' most recent research on behavioral health.
Access information on upcoming or archived webinars on Mental and behavioral health.
- Have Healthy People 2020 Benchmarks for Leading Causes of Death Been Met in Rural and Urban Areas?
- Behavioral Health Workforce Supply
Projects on this Topic
Learn more about the research questions guiding each study, the lead researcher for each, and when the Research Center anticipates releasing completed product(s) under each project.
- Currently, there are 11 research projects underway to explore this issue.
- In the past, 57 research projects have been completed on Mental and behavioral health.