View publications, including policy briefs, working papers, and journal articles, on Women:
View one-page summary Recaps of key findings from the Rural Health Research Centers on Women:
- Maternal Health Disparities: An Intersection of Race and Rurality
In 2019, 30.8% of rural counties had no obstetric clinicians of any type. This Recap examines the loss of hospital-based obstetric services and racial/ethnic disparities surrounding maternal and infant health.
- Rural Obstetric Services: Access, Workforce, and Impact
This resource presents current hospital-based obstetric closure rates and characteristics of rural communities without and losing obstetric services, as well as the impact of limited access on maternal and child health.
- State of Rural Women's Healthcare Utilization and Health Indicators
Rural women face barriers to accessing preventive health screenings, mental health services, and maternal healthcare. This Recap provides a summary of the research on rural women's utilization of healthcare services, maternal substance use, and other health indicators.
Access information on upcoming or archived webinars on Women.
- Diminishing Access to Rural Maternity Care and Associated Changes in Birth Location and Outcomes
Projects on this Topic
Learn more about the research questions guiding each study, the lead researcher for each, and when the Research Center anticipates releasing completed product(s) under each project.
- Currently, there are 5 research projects underway to explore this issue.
- In the past, 23 research projects have been completed on Women.