Critical Access Hospitals
View publications, including policy briefs, working papers, and journal articles, on Critical Access Hospitals:
View one-page summary Recaps of key findings from the Rural Health Research Centers on Critical Access Hospitals:
- Quality of Care in Rural Hospitals
This Rural Health Research Recap looks at hospital quality-of-care measures and the difficulties of developing quality measures, especially for rural hospitals with low patient volumes.
Access information on upcoming or archived webinars on Critical Access Hospitals.
- Diminishing Access to Rural Maternity Care and Associated Changes in Birth Location and Outcomes
- Change in Profitability and Financial Distress of Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs) from Loss of Cost-Based Reimbursement
- Change in Profitability and Financial Distress of Critical Access Hospitals from Loss of Cost-Based Reimbursement
Projects on this Topic
Learn more about the research questions guiding each study, the lead researcher for each, and when the Research Center anticipates releasing completed product(s) under each project.
- Currently, there are 1 research project underway to explore this issue.
- In the past, 46 research projects have been completed on Critical Access Hospitals.