National Rural Hospital Flexibility Program Tracking Project
As a collaborative project, each Center has lead responsibility for several research components of the study. In 2002/2003, the WWAMI Rural Health Research Center is taking responsibility for assessing state program evaluations, evaluating a number of workforce issues faced by critical access hospitals (CAHs), and looking at the intersection of CAHs and another federal program, the Mississippi Delta Hospital Performance Improvement Initiative. WWAMI is also providing overall project direction and coordination to the participating centers.
There are five main national goals for implementation of the grant component of the Flex Program in the states and participating hospitals. These include:
- Preparing a state rural health plan.
- Converting eligible and willing hospitals to critical access hospital (CAH) status.
- Improving quality of care.
- Promoting networking among hospitals.
- Improving emergency medical services.
There may be products related to this project; please contact the lead researcher for more information.