View publications, including policy briefs, working papers, and journal articles, on Workforce:
View one-page summary Recaps of key findings from the Rural Health Research Centers on Workforce:
- Rural Nursing Workforce
Urban nurses, on average, earn nearly $4,500 more per year than rural nurses. This recap on the rural nursing workforce explores RN-to-BSN education programs, nurse practitioners as primary care providers, job preparedness and satisfaction, and rural challenges.
- Rural Obstetric Services: Access, Workforce, and Impact
This resource presents current hospital-based obstetric closure rates and characteristics of rural communities without and losing obstetric services, as well as the impact of limited access on maternal and child health.
Access information on upcoming or archived webinars on Workforce.
- Diminishing Access to Rural Maternity Care and Associated Changes in Birth Location and Outcomes
- Behavioral Health Workforce Supply
Projects on this Topic
Learn more about the research questions guiding each study, the lead researcher for each, and when the Research Center anticipates releasing completed product(s) under each project.
- Currently, there are 7 research projects underway to explore this issue.
- In the past, 80 research projects have been completed on Workforce.